July 25, 2009

July 25, 2009
What God has brought together....

Saturday, June 20, 2015

My Dad....My Hero.....

My dad has always been one of my heroes. I have looked up to him and sought advice from him, and sometimes ignored that advice too!

I did not live with my dad past the age of 6 but he worked diligently to remain active in mine and my sibling's lives. He even made sacrifices to remain stationed near where we lived with our mom so he could be more present.

I remember him being at many of my sports events and choir concerts. We visited him every other weekend and for longer periods in the summer.

There were times that he had to be gone, unaccompanied tours overseas and other trainings. But he wrote to us and sent us little things to remind us he was thinking of us. I still have those as well as all the birthday cards!!

I know I disappointed him so many times. Yet, even if he was angry, he rarely ever yelled. He would take a deep breath and pull me close and remind me that he loved me, no matter what. And I don't even remember him saying "I told you so" :)!

He held my hand, literally and figuratively, through many difficult times. Honestly, I don't know what I would have done without him.

He never took me to Disneyland or bought me a sports car or an expensive trip or jewelry. But, he made time, and still does, to listen when I needed to talk, hold me when I was broken hearted, cheer for me in my successes and help me up in my failures.

We don't always agree but we can talk about almost anything. We share the same sense of humor, much to the dislike of some other family members. And when no one else understands me, I know he does.

This is what makes my dad a hero to me.

Thank you dad for being you and for loving me just as I am.

Happy Father's Day!!








1 comment: