July 25, 2009

July 25, 2009
What God has brought together....

Friday, September 9, 2011

Remebering 9-11

Just about everyone has their remembrance story of Tuesday, September 11, 2001.  People will be sharing with one another a lot over the next few days. 

It makes me think of when I was in high school and we were talking about JFK and his assassination. My teacher said that just about everyone who was around at that time could tell you almost exactly what they were doing and where they were when they heard the news.  I think it is the same with 9-11. 

With this being the 10 year anniversary, there will be many tributes and remembrances.  I would like to focus on the children and families who lost loved ones on that day.  Having lost people I love before I thought they should go, I know that grief never really ends.  It changes and it becomes easier to deal with as you heal, but it is never gone.  You still remember the person and what they meant to you.  You still hurt some times, especially on important dates like the anniversary of the death, a birthday or another special date. 

My heart goes out to the families who will be remembering the person they loved and missing them.  I hope that we can set aside our differences for just a moment to think of the families who are grieving those who were lost on that day as well as the many who have given their lives in the days since then protecting our nation.  My family will spend time in prayer for those families that are missing someone because of that tragic day.

No comments:

Post a Comment