July 25, 2009

July 25, 2009
What God has brought together....

Friday, September 28, 2012

On going effects of grief....

Dan and I, along with a couple ladies at our church, are facilitating a GriefShare group. I am honored to be able to bring this ministry to my church and to walk with hurting people who need comfort and love at a very difficult time.

We 'trained' for months, beginning in the Spring and watched all the videos and prepared ourselves. I even read all the blog posts and leader tips and such. I knew it would be emotionally trying, especially the first few sessions as everyone is sharing their loss. However, I don't think I was fully prepared for the resurfacing of so many memories and feelings. If I don't keep in prayer about it, I could easily become overwhelmed. I guess I thought that after so many years, it would be easier.

I am thankful for the Lord and the continual comfort He has provided. I'm thankful for my co-facilitators, especially Dan, who I can pray for and with and I know pray for me. I'm thankful for our church which supports us and encourages us. And I'm thankful the the license to share with hurting people. I have walked a similar road. It isn't easy yet I hope that I can be a source of encouragement in a time of need.

Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies and God of all comfort,who comforts us in all our tribulations, that we may be able to comfort those who are in any trouble, with the comfort with which we ourselves are comforted by God. 2 Corinthians 1:3-4



No comments:

Post a Comment