July 25, 2009

July 25, 2009
What God has brought together....

Friday, October 5, 2012

Prisoner...set free!

Some of my thoughts and reflections on Chapter 3 of Unglued by Lysa Terkeurst 

"You are so mean!" "You are controlling and bossy!" These are some labels others have given me that I have allowed to stick to me in my life. I think to myself and shout in my mind, "I'm not trying to be mean, sarcasm is my defense when I feel threatened. I'm not trying to be bossy or controlling, I just want to help!" And then I come unglued and show others that I really am those things!


Then there are the labels I put on myself; you are disorganized, you aren't a good cook, you are easily distracted, you are always late! I have been a prisoner to these labels.

Slowly, God is showing me that I don't have to be.
  
2 Corinthians 5:17 says "Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; old things have passed away; behold, all things have become new."

I am a new creation, old things have passed away! I don't have to replay the comments in my head or relive the mistakes I've made. I can remind myself who God says I am! After all, He created me for great things! He is my maker and He is chiseling away to make me a masterpiece!~ 

With this new mindset, I am set free! I'm not perfect, it's imperfect progress. Thankfully the Lord isn't finished with me yet!!

No comments:

Post a Comment