July 25, 2009

July 25, 2009
What God has brought together....

Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Soul Control

In chapter 9 of Let. It. Go., Karen Ehman discusses 5 forms of control we exert to get our way. They are, outright action, subtle mood swings, guilt-laying trips, cloaked concern, and pulling the God Card.

Honestly, I think I use each of these in different situations. But, if I were to pick one that I use most often, I would say subtle (or not so subtle) mood swings. I am the queen of 'fine' in a tight lipped way, or 'oh, I just don't feel well'. Sometimes I will just swing all over with my moods. I can get real pouty real quick!

Thankfully, I don't have to stay trapped in this forever. God is working on me, ever so slowly. I have been searching His word and trying to stay honest about how I am feeling. I also have a dear friend who I know I can trust to keep me accountable. We have an agreement that we will just ask one another if we feel the vibe coming off the other person. "Did I do something wrong? Is there something we need to discuss?" I have found that this accountability has helped me to be more forthright in other relationships.

Now, I still have a long way to go, but God is working. I am learning to stay in His word, to take my hurt feelings to Him, to trust His timing and to stay out of the horrid comparison trap! I am learning that I need to release the reins and give God sole control over my life.

Lord,
I pray that I will put my hope and trust in You and that I will relinquish the reins of my life. I pray that You will continue the good work You have begun in me. Help me to be upfront and honest about my wants and needs and how I feel, in a loving way. Help me to recognize when I am trying to control a situation and help me to pause and think before I act or pout.

2 comments:

  1. Christina thanks for sharing today. Good thoughts - I find myself there with those mood swings sometimes, but have found that God is removing them the more I study in these Bible studies. Love it and love your heart. Debbie W. (OBS Leader)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Christina I am right there with you. I do the mood swing thing too and I have turned it over to God. Thank you for sharing your heart. This study has been amazing! You inspire me. Love to you ~ Lauren B. (OBS Group 25 Leader)

    ReplyDelete