July 25, 2009

July 25, 2009
What God has brought together....

Thursday, April 11, 2013

My Stressed-Less Journey

This week I started a new online bible study with Proverbs 31 which uses the book "Stressed-Less Living" by Tracie Miles. We have just begun the adventure and I am already learning a lot.

I decided to join this study because I know I could use some insight and help on living life with less stress. We have a lot going on in our family. Currently, 5 of our 8 children live with us as well as our nephew. I am a director of a homeschool community, I support and facilitate ministry teams at church and try to homeschool my children in all of that. Life is very busy. And busyness often brings stress! I don't want to be the cranky mom or the nagging wife or the complainy friend. I want to be a calm person who is at peace with where God has me. I know that I need to give up my desires, plans and future to Him in order to have that.

My goal in this study is to learn to surrender to God, trust Him with the outcome and walk in His peace. One of the first steps in that is to realize my blessings. God has worked amazingly in my life and I am a truly blessed woman. Below are just a few of the things I am thankful for:

  • I am thankful for my husband who works hard to provide for us and helps me continually grow in the Lord.
  • I am thankful for my children who are a huge blessing to my life and keep me humble and help me to not be lazy.
  • I am thankful for difficult relationships so that I can learn to love better.
  • I am thankful for a house that constantly needs attention because it is FULL of the people I love!
  • I am thankful for my mom living right down the street because she is often available to watch kids when I am in a pinch.
  • I am thankful for the blessing of homeschooling my children because I can see them grow and be there when they have A Ha moments!
  • I am thankful for my friends who hold me accountable and love me.
  • I am thankful for this study and how God is going to use it to continue to shape and mold me.
These are just a few of the things I am thankful for. I look forward to what the Lord has to show me through this study.

2 comments:

  1. First off let me say what a handsome couple. I used to be in the Navy myself so it was nice to see your picture.

    I am thankful you chose to talk about what you are thankful for. Every time I think about my blessings it always brings me such joy.

    Be blessed sister and enjoy the study.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful post. Love it and love your list of blessings. Thanks for sharing and so glad you are here in OBS with us. Debbie W. (OBS Group Leader)

    ReplyDelete