July 25, 2009

July 25, 2009
What God has brought together....

Thursday, October 18, 2012

My Unglued Procedure Manual

Lysa Terkeurst shares her procedure manual in chapter 7 of Unglued. I used some of her ideas and personalized them for my own.

  1. Remember who I am and whom I belong to. God! I have told my children this for as long as I can remember. We are redeemed (Eph 1:7), accepted (Eph 1:6) and blessed (Eph 1:3) by God and created by Him for good works. (Eph 2:10).When we focus on the fact that we are children of God, created for good things, molded and shaped by Him, we can walk in those truths and it will affect the way we react.
  2. Refocus on what's really important. One question to ask is: 'In the light of eternity, does this really matter?' (2 Chronicles 20:29-30, Acts 26:16))
  3. Move out of the way - let God work. He is much better at it anyway. I think a lot of my unglued moments come from me wanting to control the situation or having an expectation of how something should be. In reality, I can only see what is right in front of me. However, God sees the big picture and He has a plan. (Jeremiah 29:11, 2 Chronicles 20:15b)
  4. Gratitude - plan and simple. Thank God for what He has done and is doing! (Psalm 100:4, Psalm 147:7, Colossians 4:2)
  5. Consider my legacy. How do I want to be remembered? Do I want people to fear me coming unglued or do I want to be remembered as a self-controlled woman of God? Proverbs 31 comes to mind here!
Lord,
Thank You for saving me and loving me. I need Your help to stay focused on the important things. Help me to see You in every situation. Help me to move out of the way and let You do Your mighty work in and through me. Thank You for Your love, provision and growth in my life. I pray that I can be a quiet spirit today as You work in me. I pray that I will hold my tongue and stay controlled and 'glued'. 
In Jesus Name,
Amen

3 comments:

  1. I love the way you personalized this! The verses are right on. Praying for you in your journey!

    Jennifer N, OBS group leader

    ReplyDelete
  2. G'day Christina,
    This is fantastic! I too, love the way you made the Procedure Manual YOURS! My favourite point is this: in the light of eternity...does it really matter?
    Thanks for posting on the blog hop.
    Love
    Nicki (OBS Leader)

    ReplyDelete