July 25, 2009

July 25, 2009
What God has brought together....

Thursday, February 21, 2013

Hampering Home

In my control freak nature, I have become a dictator in my own home! I have a certain way for everything and I really do not like it when something is not done my way. I have been known to clear all the towels out of the closet and refold them after some well meaning family member has worked hard to do it for me, just because they weren't folded MY way!!  Wow, it makes me cringe to think of it.

In Chapter 6, I love the 'Two Plus Two Equals Four' section. It is a great reminder that there are more than one way to do things.

I am learning, slowly but surely, that not everything has to be MY way. There is no right way to a lot of things. If something is dangerous then of course there needs to be a change but most of the time it's a matter of preference.

This verse: She watches over the activities of her household ~ Proverbs 31:27 HCSB reminds me that my job is to watch over not do everything!! I need my families help to make our house run smoothly. However, they aren't likely to help me if I am so particular.

My prayer is that I will learn to loosen the grip.

Lord,
I want to be a wife and mother who watches over my household and enlists others to help so we can work together. I want to be calm and peaceful so that I can set the tone for my home. Help me to let go of this deep need to over control. Help me to trust You in all situations so that I will be more calm.
Thank You.
Amen

2 comments:

  1. Christina,

    Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us this week! I loved this: "I have a certain way for everything and I really do not like it when something is not done my way." I am the exact same way!

    I also loved the Two+Two=Four thing that Karen talks about. It is a GREAT reminder that not everything has to be done one way!

    Blessings,
    Kristen (OBS group leader)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Christina ~

    I love reading your blog, it comes from your heart <3 I love your prayer! I would love for you to share it with our group, I think it is perfect, even for those of us who are not mothers or wives yet;) You are a true Blessing!
    Love,
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete