July 25, 2009

July 25, 2009
What God has brought together....

Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Let go, girl!

As I said in my last post, I struggle with control. I have lots of excuses, ahem....justifications, for this but the bottom line is that it is rooted in pride and mistrust. I think I know better and I don't really trust any one, including God, to do it just right. I am pretty sure that if I want a job done right I will have to do it myself!

The online study I am involved in is using the book "Let. It. Go." by Karen Ehman. I am learning a lot in just the first few chapters. I am learning where I struggle most and how to give it up to God. My prayer is that I will continue to let go and let God and walk away from my pride and fully trust Him with the results.

Lord,
I confess that I struggle with control. I confess that my pride and mistrust usurps Your authority in my life most of the time. I confess that I often choose to go my own way rather than wait on You. Lord, I pray that You will fill me with Your spirit. I pray that I can remember the work You have done in my life and that I will release the white-knuckle grip I have on my future. I pray that I will remember your words, "Many are the plans in a person's heart, but it is the Lord's purpose that prevails." Proverbs 19:21 Lord, I give You control over All of my life; my past, present and future, my children, my husband, my plans and my dreams. I trust that You have an eternal perspective and I trust You hand in it all. Thank You Lord that You are infinitely patient with me. Thank You Lord that You love me even with all my flaws. Thank You for Your word that does change people. Thank You for the people You have placed in my life to help point me back to You. 
In Jesus Name,
Amen

6 comments:

  1. AMEN! Yes, this is a prayer I desire to give a big Amen to, so Lord Jesus help me, help us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great prayer, Christina! Thanks for sharing with us. God bless you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Christina what a beautiful prayer of surrender and Thanksgiving. I can tell it is from your heart. Print it out and pray it often:) God is going to walk with you hand in hand sweetie!

    Amanda G.
    Melissa Taylor's OBS leader

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful prayer! Yes please!!!

    ReplyDelete