July 25, 2009

July 25, 2009
What God has brought together....

Thursday, February 7, 2013

My tendency to control

Hello, my name is Christina and I have the tendency to control. I am an enabler and martyr. I use these means to control people and situations. I like to control all aspects of my home, even how the dishwasher is loaded and the towels are folded. I like to 'help' others with projects and activities and wind up taking a lead most of the time. I have often thought I was a lost cause, but I have Hope!

The Lord is working in me. He wants me to have peace and be free to Let. It. Go. I am so excited for this book by Karen Ehman and the online bible study with Melissa Taylor.

I hope to learn how to let go of the unimportant and to relax a bit. I hope to learn how to focus on what really is important and not let other things control me.I hope to be able to say that my trust is fully in the Lord and I give Him full control of my life.

6 comments:

  1. Christina love your post. Thanks so much for sharing. I do hope you can learn to relax in Him! Blessings. Debbie Williams (OBS Leader)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great blog! I also would like to learn how to relax in Him. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am with you Christina ~ I too want to say my trust is fully in the Lord. Love your blog ~ thanks for opening your heart to us
    Love & Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  4. Christina-
    Thank you SO MUCH for participating in the blog hop. Praying for all of us as we learn to stop trying to control and start trusting God. Have a great weekend and remember to LET. IT. GO. :-)
    {Hugs} Karen Ehman

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great post, Christina! I will admit I had a difficult time with this lesson because I hate applying labels to myself - victim and people pleaser. It is my hope that me, you and all the other beautiful and wonderful sisters in Christ will find the way to Let.It.Go. and walk in our faith with God. If we turn everything over to Him and let Him lead us in our life, it is amazing how much better our life will appear to us and in our hearts. Look forward to reading more of your posts in the weeks ahead. God Bless You! Have a blessed weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Christina,

    Thanks so much for sharing your difficulties with controlling things in your life. With prayer and each other, we will hopefully make progress in this department! Welcome to Let it Go my friend!

    -Erin Cuomo, OBS Group Leader

    ReplyDelete